Leadership and Management
Leadership development is at the core of the The Boleyn Trust Teaching School Alliance offer. Within the Alliance there are many outstanding schools, including:
- Tollgate Primary School, a National Support School
- Cleves Primary School
- Shaftesbury Primary School
- Selwyn Primary School
- Davies Lane Primary School
- Upton Cross Primary School
- Curwen Primary School.
We have 3 National Leaders of Education (NLEs), 3 Local Leaders of Education (LLEs) and over 40 Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
National Professional Qualifications in conjunction with the UCL Institute of Education
One of our core leadership development offers is the NPQs, as an outreach cluster of the UCL Institute of Education.
The applications window for the next cohort of NPQML and NPQSL participants opens on 17th June 2019 – all Alliance schools will be emailed directly and application is through the UCL Hub.
Download flyer here
- The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) is a modular leadership programme for middle leaders in schools. It is level 1 of The Leadership Curriculum.
- It is for school leaders who are leading a team; middle leaders looking to develop their leadership skills; individuals new to middle leadership role or a new responsibility; or those seeking promotion to a middle leadership role.
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) is a modular leadership programme for senior leaders in schools. It is level 2 of The Leadership Curriculum.
- It is for school leaders who are leading beyond a team; school leaders with senior leadership responsibilities and accountabilities; or managers and leaders currently working outside of education, looking to move into a school or education senior leadership role.
Boleyn Trust New Leaders' Network
- A practical, impact-driven fast-track for subject/phase leaders new to post.
Bespoke Leadership Development - to meet the needs of your school:
- Developing and embedding procedures, policies, systems and structures.
- Embedding monitoring and accountability processes.
- Ensuring leaders can improve teaching and learning.
- Support with strategies and coaching to close achievement and attainment gaps.
Subject Leader Networks
We run extensive Subject Leader Network Meetings and Curriculum Workshops throughout the year:
- English: Phonics, Reading, Writing and GPS
- Geography and History
- Science and STEM
- Computing and Coding